Dermal fillers are typically a natural substance found in our bodies. They are well suited to plump thin lips, fill facial creases and may also be appropriate for some surface wrinkles. The results last 6 months or longer. With repeated injections, the product results may last longer and less volume is required.
- Before Treatment:
- Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St.John’s wort, Vitamin E supplements and fish oil for 10-14 days before treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at injection site.
- After Treatment:
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling for 10-15 minutes.
- No heavy exercise or straining for 2 days.
- Avoid touching the treated area for 6 hours. May apply make up the following day.
- You might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising and/or tenderness. These are typically mid in severity and normally last less than 7 days.
There are a variety of dermal fillers on the market. Here are some of the more commonly ones used:
The Juvederm family of products include Voluma, Vollure, Juvederm Plus, Juvederm Ultra and Volbella
- Voluma XC $900/syringe
- Corrects volume of the midface. Ideal restoring youthful cheeks and helping raise the lower half of the face.
- FDA-approved to correct age-related volume loss in the midface for up to 2 years with optimal treatment.
- Vollure XC $750/syringe
- Corrects moderate to severe wrinkles and folds. Ideal for smoothing nasolabial folds, oral commissures and marionette lines.
- FDA approved to correct age-related volume loss for up to 18 months with optimal treatment.
- Juvederm Plus XC $600/syringe
- Corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Ideal for the deep nasolabial folds smooth oral commissures, reduce marionette lines.
- Juvederm Ultra XC $600/syringe
- Corrects moderate facial wrinkles and folds. Ideal for mild to moderate folds on the face, smoothing vertical lip lines, and naturally plumping the lips.
- Volbella XC $350/syringe
- FDA-approved to increase lip fullness and soften the appearance of “smoker’s lines” around the mouth. It may also be used to fill pitted acne scarring in the face. Can last up to 1 year with optimal treatment.
The Restylane family of products includes Restylane-L, Restylane Lyft, Restylane Silk, Restylane Refyne, Restylane Defyne and Restylane Kysse.
- Restylane – L $600/syringe
- It is for mid to deep injection into the facial tissue and for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. It is also indicated for injection into the lips.
- Restylane Lyft $800/syringe
- It is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age related midface contour deficiencies. It is also used in hand rejuvenation.
- Restylane Silk $600/syringe
- It is for lip augmentation and for correction of perioral wrinkles in patients.
- Restylane Refyne $700/syringe
- It is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Defyne $700/syringe
- It is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
- Restylane Kysse $700/syringe
- Kysse is built for the lips with XpresHAn Technology™ and provides an ideal balance of flexibility and support for a natural feel. Patients have improved lip fullness up to a year.
Your Botox and Filler Procedure (PDF)
Learn more about Restylane Products
Are Dermal Fillers Safe?