How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
- BOTOX® Cosmetic targets the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. BOTOX® Cosmetic is injected into these muscles to temporarily reduce muscle activity. After an injection, you will begin to notice a visible smoothing of wrinkles in the area injected.
When will I see results?
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months.
Does BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment hurt?
- Some patients report that being injected with BOTOX® Cosmetic feels like a pinch. We may use ice to numb the treatment area.
How long is the recovery time after treatment?
- After your treatment, you can resume your day.
- General post treatment instructions: Ice area for 10-15minutes. No makeup for 12 hours. No exercising or straining for 3-4hours. Do not massage the area immediately post treatment.
What are possible side effects?
- Although generally safe, botulinum toxin side effects and complications can include: Bruising and pain at the injection site, Redness, Headache, Flu-like symptoms, Nausea, Temporary facial weakness or drooping. Very rarely, the toxin can spread beyond the treatment area, which can cause botulism-like signs and symptoms such as breathing problems, trouble swallowing, muscle weakness and slurred speech. These are not all of the possible serious side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic. Please see Important Safety Information Boxed Warning and Medication Guide.
- Botox Cosmetic Product Information
Pricing varies per area treated. Estimates below for general idea.
- Glabella (Frown lines, 11s): $280
- Forehead: $280
- Crow’s Feet: $336