The doctors of Springfield Clinic's Eye Institute are among the area's best trained and most experienced surgeons, and patients have traveled from well beyond the boundaries of central Illinois seeking their care.
The Eye Institute at Springfield Clinic, in addition to providing general eye care, offers treatments and services, including:
- Oculoplastic and cosmetic services
- No-stitch cataract and laser surgery
- Refractive surgery for nearsightedness and astigmatism
- Diabetic retinopathy therapy
- Macular degeneration therapy
- Macular hole and epiretinal membrane surgery
- Retinal detachment and vitreous surgery
Most patients are referred to the Eye Institute by their primary care physician for a specific medical condition. Typically, the ophthalmologist will conduct a thorough exam, diagnose the condition and recommend a treatment plan.