What is a registered dietitian?
Registered Dietitians are the food and nutrition experts who can translate the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. With their nutrition expertise, RDs can help individuals make unique, positive lifestyle changes.
Nutritional counseling can help:
- Improve nutritional quality of an individual's diet
- Support healthy aging
- Better identify appropriate foods for individuals with a food allergy
- Facilitate weight loss/weight gain/weight management
- Decrease risk for chronic disease
- Promote optimal growth
- Evaluate physical health
- Improve disease outcomes
- Restore energy levels
- Improve feelings regarding body image
- Provide motivation for healthy lifestyle changes