Websites for patient health and safety:
- AARP Bulletin and AARP The Magazine - Dedicated to people age 50 and over, the AARP offers valuable health and wellness information through these print and electronic publications.
- Atlas of the body - This free AMA resource illustrates the human body and explains the basic functions of its parts and systems. Information on disorders and conditions, such as the effects of stroke, are also provided.
- Cookbooks for healthy eating - AMA cookbooks provide up-to-date information and recipes for anyone wanting to lead a healthy life. You will put the pleasure back into eating for good health with recipes that benefit the heart and help control hypertension and diabetes.
- Guide to Talking to Your Doctor - This easy-to-understand book demystifies the patient-physician relationship and helps patients work with their doctors to receive optimal care.
- Patients' Action Network - This AMA-sponsored network fights for patients' access to care by advocating for meaningful health system reform and serves as an excellent resource for learning about the critical health care issues facing Americans.