One of the main responsibilities of this section is to process requests for external release of information. We are custodians of legal records and are called upon to testify when records are required in court.
There are nine work types of informational releases that the section processes for provider offices:
- Subpoenas for records
- Attorney requests
- Employer workers compensation requests
- Insurance applications (health and life)
- Commercial disability forms (loan claims)
- Department of Rehabilitation Services
- Federal Bureau of Disability Determination Services
- Release to patients and other providers
- Employer disability forms
To assist patients in assessing their personal healthcare information (requests for hard copies of medical records), patients should thoroughly complete the Springfield Clinic’s Authorization To Release Medical Information form* and submit electronically.
*Form is accessible with a laptop or desktop computer using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge browser.
Attn: Correspondence Section
PO Box 19248
Springfield, IL 62794-9248
P: 217.528.7541 ext. 43749
Processing fee for record copies:
- Patients requesting copies of the medical records for their own personal use will be charged a copy fee which may include cost of supplies plus actual postage.
- There will be no charge for the requests for record copies to be released to another caregiver (such as transfer of care, continuity of care purposes, second opinion, etc.).
- For additional information, contact the Correspondence section of the Health Information Management Department.